The Meaning Of Soul.
I hate to admit it, but today I have writer's block.
Typing that last sentence did two things to me:
A. Made me sad.
B. Gave me an idea of what to talk about.
It's kind of funny, the idea of writer's block. When a person wants to write something, but literally can't. Dumb ideas filter through the brain, but those ideas are so bad, you don't even want to waste your time writing about them. One of the idea's I just had was to talk about how strange of an idea the Postal Service was, but that seemed like I could only write one sentence.
But no, instead I chose to admit to you that I, indeed, have writer's block on this Wednesday, December 3rd. I find that is liberating. You know, I think that more people should admit that they have writer's block. Overall, it would keep the amount of crap on the internet to a minimum. It would leave only online shopping, news, and porn. I could live with that scenario.
Anyways, writing is a very strange process. It's like this in the musical sense as well. I was listening to some songs yesterday and really thought about the creation process to them. Who the hell can think of some of these things? How do they think of some of these lyrics? Drugs.
What have I learned from this? To write I need to start taking heavy drugs. That's ludicrous! Not the rapper, but the word! I don't think that this should be necessary.
Does it matter?
-Nick
P.S. Did I type this on an old typewriter??


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home